I was so excited to be nominated for the SunShine Blogger Award by Brandiann at Momma Review. I love her blog; it's so nice to read another mom blogger who is positive and put together (uh, something I really struggle with!). Thanks for the nomination, Brandiann!
It's been absolutely forever since I've done one of these awards!
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive and inspiring. Once nominated the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
BRANDIANN'S QUESTIONS FOR ME
1. What are three things you cannot live without?
1) my iPhone (embarrassing)
3) scented candles
2. Has a movie or book made a huge impact on you?
The Harry Potter series had a huge impact on me as a young teenager. From about 2004-2007, I was really involved in the HP fandom; that was my first foray into blogging for an audience! I still interact with the HP fandom today and love reading fan fiction (there are some amazing writers out there!).
3. What was your favorite toy growing up?
I had (and still have) a stuffed, white seal that was my absolute favorite stuffed animal.
4. Tell me the 3 best things about you.
1) I keep a constant collection of face masks to give as gifts when my friends are stressed.
2) I make a really good cup of coffee.
3) I can whip up cookies or cupcakes in less than an hour, which makes me an incredibly valuable friend!
5. If you could time travel, where would you go?
Oh gosh, I used to think about this a lot. I used to really want to go to the late 1970s in England. Or the late 1600s. I just really want to know what it was like to live in a big, drafty castle!
6. What is your favorite Disney movie?
The Lion King still holds such a special place in my heart! As well as Hercules, one of the most underrated Disney movies of all time.
7. As a child, what did you wish to become when you grew up?
I wanted to be an artist.
8. Why do you blog?
More than anything, I love having an outlet for my writing and a way to stay busy in the evenings when I’m not at work. I’m a sort of if-I’m-bored-I’m-miserable person, so having a hobby is very important to me.
9. What’s your favorite season, and why?
FALL. Does it need to be said? I’m an October baby, I love Halloween, I love wearing sweaters, I hate being hot and sweaty. Fall is the most perfect, blissful time of the year. It doesn’t get better.
10. What’s the hardest thing about being a Mom/Mum?
It’s hard to not have the things you used to. At first I felt very guilty wishing I could just have a full day and night to myself, where I could watch TV and eat whatever food I wanted, clean the house top to bottom and not worry about it being messy again for a while. But it’s ok to miss those things. For me, it was difficult to adjust to being a mom and not having the same freedoms as I used to have.
11. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
I’m very proud of where I am in my career right now and everything I’m accomplishing.
- Charlotte from Girl Next Door Fashion
- Sian from Rebel Angel
- Ana at Ana's Little Blog
- Terra at So Many Changes
- Valerie at Southern Belle in the West
- Ashleigh at Wonderland Warblings
- Rebecca at the Coastal Mummy
- Sami at Petite Legs
- Sarah at Just Buttons
- Ellie at Ellie Blooms
- Megan Anne from Love Megan Anne
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES
- What's your favorite color & why?
- What's your current favorite outfits?
- What's one thing you wanted to achieve this year that you haven't yet?
- Speaking of that thing you wanted to achieve, what can you do today to achieve it?
- Are you #TeamCoffee or #TeamTea? (Or the controversial #TeamCocoa?)
- You're cast out from society. What's the one thing you'd miss the absolute most?
- What has been your favorite summer memory?
- What are you looking forward to in the next 6 months?
- Quick: name your 3 favorite foods.
- Do you have a favorite Instagram account? Share it!
- What's one thing you look for in a blog you fall in love with?
Thank you for reading my blog. And again, thank you to Brandiann for nominating me!