A week or so ago, my friend Charlotte at Girl Next Door Fashion posted 25 Facts about herself. Which I loved. I've been reading Charlotte's blog since 2009/2010 (I can't honestly remember when I started now...) and I feel like I could probably tell you 25 things about her too! And yet, I still learned new things from her post.
Like Charlotte says, when we read blogs, we tend to think we know everything about that person's life based on what they post. But personally, I know there are lots of things I never mention here. So I thought I'd share my own 25 facts!
1. I'm the youngest of 3. I have an older sister (the oldest) and an older brother (the middle child). I subscribe heavily to birth order personality lines: my sister is motivated & driven; my brother is stereotypical middle child; and as the baby, I most resemble an only child.
2. My favorite song changes every day, but right now, it's "Dustland Fairytale" by the Killers.
3. I write in my journal every single day and have since I was 14. I have huge piles of old journals in my house. I have no idea what to do with them.
4. I love to cook, but I often find by the time I'm done, I'm absolutely sick of whatever it is I made!
5. I work as a marketing copywriter, but since I work at a start up, I wear many hats: graphic designer, content entry, marketing strategist, social media marketer... the list goes on.
6. I write fiction when Forrest finally goes to sleep at night.
7. I grew up in the country and never had close neighbors. The idea of just being able to walk to a friends house is still very foreign to me.
8. I have been bitten by a tick. It's not pleasant (mostly from my own screaming).
9. I bullet journal every day because I'm always making lists that I want to remember.
10. I'm already planning Forrest's first trip to Disneyland because I love it so much.
11. My favorite food is probably macaroni and cheese, followed by bread.
12. I don't think I've ever drank enough water a day in my life. Ever. Well, maybe when I was pregnant.
13. As much as I kind of hated being pregnant, I also really miss it. I also really enjoyed my labor & delivery, so I can't wait to do it again!
14. Everyone close to me calls me Shelly, so sometimes I have a legitimately difficult time responding to "Michelle," even though that's what I've always been called at school and work.
15. I love working and I find a lot of personal enjoyment from doing a good job. That being said, if I could stay home and blog for a living, I would in a heartbeat.
16. Growing up, I wanted to be an artist.
17. When I was in high school, I was very into the Harry Potter fandom. I was even an integral player in revealing the fake Rupert Grint official website (anyone remember that?).
18. Sometimes, I really do miss Myspace.
19. Autumn is my favorite season and I actually don't care how basic that makes me. I even run an insanely popular Fall tumblr. (Not to toot my own horn or anything.)
20. I probably would not have survived the first 6 months of Forrest's life without my mom group on Facebook. Who else could I fret to about rashes, breastfeeding, and not sleeping?
21. I don't know how to swim. My mom repeatedly put me in lessons to get me to learn, and it's just like a mental block.
22. I'm really strict about grocery shopping and meal planning, especially with a baby (formula is expensive, y'all!), but I still find myself throwing random things into the cart when I'm actually there.
23. I love getting mail. Even if it's just formula coupons.
24. I always have these lofty goals of how I'll spend my weekend (cleaning or cooking meals for the week), but I usually end up walking around wearing Forrest and playing games on my phone.
25. After having Forrest, I started becoming anemic and have to take iron supplements, as well as eat my bodyweight in lentils and red meat. (At least, that's what it feels like.)