1. Avoid looking in full-length mirrors. Or the bathroom mirror. And definitely not when you get your rare shower.
2. Diligently fold all your maternity clothes up and put them in a box. Two weeks later, find that box, unearth the maternity leggings in it, and sigh.
3. Go shopping for a new pair of jeans. Cry.
4. Wonder how new jeans can somehow emphasize the mound of jello that has mysteriously replaced your belly.
5. Pull on jeans while saying things like, "That's it, no more pizza!" and "I'm gonna snack on carrots from now on!"
6. Yell about your bra size. Just get in someone's face and yell about it. Yell about how none of your dresses fit on top, none of your shirts button, your formerly light and flowy tops have been reduced to ill-fitting boob drapes, your sweaters look funny.
7. Wrap yourself in sweats and flannel shirts and whisper, "I will never wear real clothes again. I am the mom, one with the yoga pant, so forgiving."
8. Vow to eat healthier. Immediately think about the jar of lactation cookies that you need, seriously.
9. Make yourself cry by trying on your old jeans.
10. Be comforted by the fact that your workout clothes still fit.
11. Declare your lazy days of postpartum bliss over and start working on. Attempt a 21-day no junk food rule.
12. Eat junk food after a mere 3 days.
13. Google at least 3x: "how many calories does breastfeeding burn really?"
14. Wonder how many moms actually lose tons of weight exclusively breastfeeding. Upon asking mom group, find out it's basically the unicorn of postpartum life.
15. Thanks, doctors, for making us all believe in unicorns.
16. Vow to do a big closet clean out and repurchase stuff to make you feel better. Vaguely wonder just where you'll find the money to do such a thing. Push those feelings aside.
17. Put your trusty leggings back on. They look pretty ok, anyway, and the baby never judges you.