In November, I promised to start doing monthly wrap-up posts. (You can read my November wrap up here.) I always love reading these from my favorite bloggers and it's something that I just enjoy doing. As December winds down and the new year rapidly approaches, I'm a bit busy at the moment... but I'm excitedly looking forward to 2018. (I have some very exciting posts lined up for January!)
Let's jump right into December, shall we? I'm going to try a new format this month, just to see what I like.
Things I Learned
- This was the month where I learned to curl my hair. I know, I know, I've lived 29 years of having straight hair that barely holds a curl and finally I have found a method that works without me having to spend hours using heat tools in the morning. I use this method if anyone is wondering.
- My toddler will always surprise me. I feel like I could probably say I've learned this every month since September 2015, but it still feels very true. This month alone, Forrest has broken out in a full body rash, split his lip open so badly 3 separate times I repeatedly checked his teeth to make sure they weren't cracked, and started saying 4+ syllable words. How is he so smart and yet so willing to run into traffic the moment I turn my back?
Things I Loved
- My daily gratitude Twitter thread
- My tea tree shampoo for saving my scalp. Ok, but seriously, my scalp is a wreck this December. What gives?
- My new blush
My Favorite Content
- I'm honestly so proud of my 12 Days of Beauty Advent Calendar review; I spent so much time working on it, finding products, and pricing everything out.
- Why We Don't Believe in Santa
- This month, I created some of my favorite content ever on Instagram. I'm really proud of all these photos.
December felt like a very good month. I didn't read as much as I wanted to; I didn't do things I fully planned to do; and a lot of things happened that felt like downers. But overall, I've had a lovely month and I'm so excited for 2018. It can only go up from here, right?