1. You can't remember the last time a weekend including something that wasn't errands, cleaning, and/or more of your week time work.
2. You really, really just want to get out of town.
3. You found a hotel on TripAdvisor that you just have to visit. It has soaking tubs. Woodsy decor. Eco-friendly mattresses. You read the restaurant menu and rapidly become obsessed with trying green goddess dressing.
4. You just want to eat, shop, and pretend you have no other responsibilities (such as work, an impending human child, or a house to clean).
5. It's not really that far away.
6. You joke to everyone--your coworkers, your husband, your family, your friends--that you "may not come back"! Everyone laughs, but you seriously consider the financial and emotional consequences of raising a child in a hotel.
7. When you get back, you'll realize how valuable everything you left behind is: work, smelly dog, potentially smelly husband, undone baby nursery, unpaid bills.